- Museum of Counterfeit Goods
The Museum of Counterfeit Goods, also known as the Tilleke & Gibbins Museum of Counterfeit Goods is a museum in the Rama 3, Chong Nonsi neighborhood of Bangkok, Thailand. The museum, which was established in 1989 at Tilleke & Gibbins Bangkok office, consists of items acquired in raids on behalf on the firm's clients, which had no purpose following their use in court cases. Since 1989 the museum's collection has grown from 100 items in four categories to more than 1500 items in 20 categories. This increase is due largely to the increase in counterfeit goods that exist in Bangkok and throughout Southeast Asia.
Titirat Wattanachewanopakorn and Nuttaphol Arammuang, attorneys with the firm, have given presentations on the museum and the related issues of counterfeiting to immigration officials at the Royal Thai Customs Department in Bangkok. The museum has also been featured in various international news outlets, hoping to draw more attention to the problem of counterfeit goods.
- ^ "Time and Trademark Infringement". Bangkok Post. 2003-09-04. http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-13235739_ITM. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- ^ "Bangkok's Software Piracy Battle". BBC. 2003-11-23. http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/low/technology/3227622.stm. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- ^ "Museum of Counterfeit Goods". Tilleke & Gibbins. http://www.tillekeandgibbins.com/museum/museum.htm. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- ^ Jirasakunthai Choosak (1999-08-16). "Museum Expands as Fakes Grow". The Nation. http://www.highbeam.com/doc/1P1-22840464.html. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- ^ Gerald Goh (2006-10-05). "Thailand: Museum Showcasing Counterfeit Goods is for Real". Interpress Service. http://www.accessmylibrary.com/coms2/summary_0286-30169810_ITM. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- ^ "Titirat Wattanachewanopakorn". Tilleke & Gibbins International Ltd. http://www.tillekeandgibbins.com/attorneys/Titirat.htm. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- ^ "Nuttaphol Arammuang". Tilleke & Gibbins International Ltd. http://www.tillekeandgibbins.co.th/Attorneys/nuttaphol.htm. Retrieved 2008-09-02.
- ^ Paradise, Paul R. (1999). Trademark Counterfeiting, Product Piracy, and the Billion Dollar Threat to the U.S. Economy. Greenwood Publishing Group. pp. 38. ISBN 1567202500. http://books.google.com/books?id=ny0vvUpBzCYC&pg=PA38&dq=%22Museum+of+Counterfeit+Goods%22&lr=&ei=zWy9SIG9GImUzAT_jc33Bw&sig=ACfU3U2QtvCiPt8TvvIxyNz5uyeL-Xb6IQ.
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Museum of Buddhist Art — is a museum in Bangkok, Thailand. v · Museums and art galleries in Bangkok … Wikipedia
Museum of Imagery Technology — Museum of Imaging Technology is a museum in Bangkok, Thailand. It is located in Faculty of Science, Chulalongkorn University … Wikipedia
Counterfeit — For other uses, see Counterfeit (disambiguation). Not to be confused with Counterfit, a band. Counterfeit products at a flea market. To counterfeit means to illegally imitate something. Counterfeit products are often produced with the intent to… … Wikipedia
National Museum (Thailand) — The National Museum in Thailand is the main museum on the history of the Thai culture. The main museum is located in Bangkok on Na Phrathat Road next to the Sanam Luang, not far from Wat Phra Kaew. In 1926 King Prajadhipok created the Royal… … Wikipedia
National Museum of Royal Barges — Royal Barge National Museum is a museum in Bangkok, Thailand. It is located on the northern rim of Bangkok Noi canal within Bangkok Noi district. Some historical royal barges of the Royal Barge Procession are kept at the museum. See … Wikipedia
Royal Elephant National Museum — Chang Ton National Museum also known as The Royal Elephant National Museum is a museum in Bangkok, Thailand. External links Thailand Travel Tours … Wikipedia
Bangkok Corrections Museum — The Bangkok Corrections Museum is an incarceration museum in Bangkok, Thailand. It is located on Maha Chai Road on the site of a former Bangkok maximum security prison built in 1890, during the reign of King Chulalongkorn Rama V. It was planned… … Wikipedia
Children's Discovery Museum (Bangkok) — For the museum in San Jose, California with the same name, see Children s Discovery Museum of San Jose Children s Discovery Museum is a museum in Bangkok, Thailand. The museum, which is targeted at children opened in 2001 on the northern edge of… … Wikipedia
Bangkok National Museum — The Bangkok National Museum (Thai: พิพิธภัณฑสถานแห่งชาติ พระนคร) is the main branch museum of the National Museums in Thailand. It features exhibits of Thai art and history. The museum was established and opened in 1874 by King Rama V to exhibit… … Wikipedia
Suan Pakkad Palace — Suan Pakkad Palace: The Lacquer Pavillon The Lacquer Pa … Wikipedia