- Continental Connection
Continental Connection is a brand name under which several commuter airline carriers and their holding companies operate services marketed exclusively by Continental Airlines. All Continental Connection service is provided using piston-engine or turboprop aircraft, in contrast to Continental Express, whose flights are operated by Continental's regional jet partners, ExpressJet Airlines and Chautauqua Airlines.
All flights on Continental Connection are given full OnePass frequent flyer credit, as if they were mainline Continental flights.
Regional airline carriers
Continental Connection flights can be spotted by their Continental flight number:
- 9356-9400 operated by Cape Air
- 9596-9606 operated by Cape Air in Micronesia
- 8635-8835 operated by CommutAir
- 9514-9584 operated by Colgan Air
- 9120-9310 operated by Gulfstream International Airlines
Continental Connection fleet Aircraft Total Passengers Routes Notes Bombardier Dash 8 Q200 16 37 All leased
Operated by CommutAir
Bombardier Dash 8 Q300 5 50 Operated by CommutAir Bombardier Dash 8 Q400 29 74 Operated by Colgan Air Saab 340B 10 34 Operated by Colgan Air ATR 42 2 46 Operated by Cape Air Beechcraft 1900D Airliner 21 19 Operated by Gulfstream International Total 83
Major accidents and incidents
- On February 12, 2009, Colgan Air Flight 3407 operating on behalf of Continental Connection crashed into a house on Long Road in Clarence Center, New York while on approach to Buffalo Niagara International Airport; 50 people, including one on the ground, were killed according to New York State Police.
- On September 7, 2011, Colgan Air Flight 3222, with 23 passengers en route from Houston, TX to Lake Charles, LA landed at (Southland Field), which was not their scheduled destination. The crew was subsequently relived of duty.
- ^ Wald, Matthew (2009-02-13). "Commuter Plane With 48 Aboard Crashes in Buffalo". New York Times. http://www.nytimes.com/2009/02/13/nyregion/13crash.html?_r=1. Retrieved 2009-02-13.
- ^ http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/09/15/flight-crew-relieved-from-duty-following-landing-at-wrong-airport/
United Continental Holdings Alliance Certificated Airline
Branding and Marketing
Heritage Companies Heritage Airlines Management/Related infoList of airline holding companies Continental Connection Carriers Current Former
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Continental Connection — Логотип бренда Continental Connection … Википедия
Continental Airlines — IATA CO OACI COA Indicativo CONTINENTAL … Wikipedia Español
Continental Airlines — Continental Airlines … Deutsch Wikipedia
Continental Micronesia — Boeing 737 800 de Continental Micronesia en el Aeropuerto de Fukuoka. IATA … Wikipedia Español
Continental Express — Continental Airlines Pour les articles homonymes, voir Continental. AITA CO … Wikipédia en Français
Continental Airlines destinations — Continental Airlines flies to 62 domestic destinations and 78 international destinations in 39 countries (as of 11 November 2011 (2011 11 11)[update]). This list does not include cities only served by Continental Express and Continental… … Wikipedia
Continental Lite — IATA ICAO Callsign Founded 1993 Ceased operations 1995 Destinations Parent company Continental Airlines … Wikipedia
Continental Airlines — Not to be confused with Continental Airways, a low cost airline in Russia. Continental Airlines IATA CO … Wikipedia
Continental Express — For the 1939 film, see The Silent Battle. Continental Express IATA ICAO Cal … Wikipedia
Continental Airlines — Данные в этой статье приведены по состоянию на 1 октября 2010 года. Вы можете помочь, обновив информацию в статье. У этого те … Википедия