- Cuyahoga Falls High School
Cuyahoga Falls High School Address 2300 Fourth Street
Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, 44221
Information School type Public, secondary school School district Cuyahoga Falls City School District Principal Anne Alfano Assistant principals Allison Bogdan
Grades 9–12 Enrollment 1,663 (2007) Language English Campus Suburban Color(s) Black and Gold
Athletics conference Northeast Ohio Conference Team name Black Tigers Rival Stow-Munroe Falls Bulldogs Accreditation(s) Ohio Department of Education
North Central Association of Schools and Colleges
Communities served Cuyahoga Falls, Silver Lake Website Cuyahoga Falls High School
Cuyahoga Falls High School (CFHS) is a public high school in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, United States. It is the only high school in the Cuyahoga Falls City School District. It has a current enrollment of around 1,663 students in grades 9-12. The school's athletic teams are known as the Black Tigers and compete in the newly formed Northeast Ohio Conference.
The high school is also part of the Six District Educational Compact, a joint program of six area school districts (Cuyahoga Falls, Hudson, Kent, Stow-Munroe Falls, Tallmadge and Woodridge) to share access to each of their vocational training facilities and career resources.
Clubs and activities
Cuyahoga Falls High School has a Latin Club which functions as a local chapter of both the Ohio Junior Classical League (OJCL) and National Junior Classical League (NJCL). Other CFHS clubs include Academic Challenge (Ohio), National Honor Society, Art Club, Project Love, Book Club, Science Olympiad, Chess Club, Ski Club, DECA, Spanish Club, German Club, French Club, spring musical, fall play, Stage Crew, and the Cuyahoga Falls Marching Tiger Band.
Ohio High School Athletic Association State Championships
Notes and references
- ^ http://cfalls.org/schoolslist.aspx
- ^ "Stow baseball earns season sweep of Falls". Record Publishing Co, LLC. 3 May 2009. http://www.stowsentry.com/news/article/4578559. Retrieved 18 September 2009. "If anything is clear about this memorable rivalry…"
- ^ "Member Schools". NOC. 2009. http://www.northeastohioconference.org/page.cfm?page=member_schools.cfm. Retrieved 20 September 2009.
- ^ "The Six District Educational Compact Overview". SixDistrict.com. Six District Educational Compact. http://www.sixdistrict.com/AboutUs/aaboutus.htm. Retrieved 17 November 2009. [dead link]
- ^ "Latin Club". Cuyahoga Falls High School official website: Clubs. Cuyahoga Falls City School District. 2010. http://activities.cfalls.org/activities/activities_clubs/latinclub.htm. Retrieved 7 March 2010. "Activities include... academic competitions..."
- ^ "Executive Board Pre-File Application". OhioJCL.org - June 2007. Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. 2010. Archived from the original on June 17, 2007. http://web.archive.org/web/20070617024347/http://ohiojcl.org/prefile.shtml. Retrieved August 16, 2010.
- ^ "OJCL Constitution". OhioJCL.org - July 2002. Internet Archive: Wayback Machine. 2010. Archived from the original on July 21, 2002. http://web.archive.org/web/20020721140258/http://www.ohiojcl.org/resources/constitution.html#c31. Retrieved August 16, 2010. "... by paying both OJCL annual chapter dues and any annual chapter membership dues required by NJCL."
- ^ "Activities/Clubs". Cuyahoga Falls High School official website: Additional Info. Cuyahoga Falls City School District. 2010. http://www.cfalls.summit.k12.oh.us/school_cpages.aspx?schoolid=1&cid=46. Retrieved 16 March 2010.
- ^ OHSAA. "Ohio High School Athletic Association Web site". http://www.ohsaa.org/. Retrieved 2006-12-31.
- ^ Yappi. "Yappi Sports Softball". http://www.yappi.com/softball/StateChamps.html. Retrieved 2007-02-12.
Northeast Ohio ConferenceBrunswick (Blue Devils) · Brush (Arcs) · Cuyahoga Falls (Black Tigers) · Elyria (Pioneers) · Garfield Heights (Bulldogs) ·
Hudson (Explorers) · Lakewood (Rangers) · Mayfield (Wildcats) · Medina (Battling Bees) · Mentor (Cardinals) ·
Normandy (Invaders) · North Royalton (Bears) · Parma (Redmen) · Solon (Comets) · Stow-Munroe Falls (Bulldogs) ·
Strongsville (Mustangs) · Twinsburg (Tigers) · Valley Forge (Patriots)
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Cuyahoga Falls City School District — Location Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio United States Information Type Public school district School board Board of Education Superintendent … Wikipedia
Chagrin Falls High School — Address 400 East Washington Street Chagrin Falls, Ohio, (Cuyahoga County), 44022 … Wikipedia
Olmsted Falls High School — Address 26939 Bagley Road Olmsted Falls, Ohio, (Cuyahoga County), 44138 … Wikipedia
Stow-Munroe Falls High School — Infobox Education in the United States name= Stow Munroe Falls High School imagesize= motto= streetaddress= 3227 Graham Road city= Stow state= Ohio zipcode= 44224 country= flagicon|USA USA url= [http://www.stow.summit.k12.oh.us/highschool.html… … Wikipedia
North Olmsted High School — Address 5755 Burns Road North Olmsted, Ohio, (Cuyahoga County), 44070 … Wikipedia
Walsh Jesuit High School — Infobox School name = Walsh Jesuit High School imagesize = 173px motto = Men and Women for Others, Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam, established = September 7, 1965 type = Private, Co educational, college preparatory affiliation = Roman Catholic, Jesuit… … Wikipedia
North Royalton High School — North Royalton High School, celebrating its 103rd Anniversary (1907 2010), is a public high school located in North Royalton, Ohio, a suburban community in the Greater Cleveland area with a population of 30,444. Over 1,000 students attend North… … Wikipedia
Olmsted Falls City School District — is a public school district in Olmsted Falls, Ohio. Schools Olmsted Falls High School Olmsted Falls Middle School Olmsted Falls Intermediate School (2009 Present) Fitch Intermediate School (2008 2009) (Renaned in 2009 2010 to Olmsted Falls Early… … Wikipedia
Ohio high school athletic conferences — This is a list of high school athletic conferences in Ohio. Because the names of localities and their corresponding high schools do not always match and because there is often a possibility of ambiguity with respect to either the name of a… … Wikipedia
Charles F. Brush High School — Address 4875 Glenlyn Road Lyndhurst, Ohio, (Cuyahoga County), 44124 … Wikipedia