- Prespa e Vogël and Golloborda
Prespa e Vogël and Golloborda (Bulgarian: Мала Преспа и Голо Бърдо  and Macedonian: Мала Преспа и Голо Брдо), refers to a geographical area situated in southeastern Albania. This region consists of two areas: Prespa e Vogël and Golloborda. The Prespa e Vogël region including Komuna Liqenas is located west of Lake Ohrid and Prespa and along the southeastern edge of Albania within the Korçë, Pogradec and Devoll districts. Golloborda is located within the Dibër, Librazhd and Bulqizë districts which contain both Macedonian and Albanian villages. These two areas contain a christian orthodox Macedonian minority of about 5000 to 30000 and also smaller numbers of Aromanians(Arvanito-Vlachs), Bulgarians and Turks. The official report from Albania is that there is only an ethnic Macedonian minority recognized among the south slavic nationalities.
The two areas have been claimed as part of United Macedonia by Macedonian nationalists.
- ^ "Osservatorio sui Balcani — Albania: le minoranze contese". www.osservatoriobalcani.org. http://www.osservatoriobalcani.org/article/articleview/2595/1/41/. Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- ^ "ALBANIA: Over 800 Albanians Acquire Bulgarian Passports". www.seeurope.net. http://www.seeurope.net/?q=node/12101. Retrieved 2008-04-23.
- ^ http://www.makedonija.info/prespa.html
- ^ http://www.mymacedonia.net/history/parts.htm
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Mala Prespa and Golo Brdo — Prespa e Vogël and Golloborda (Slavic Mala Prespa and Golo Brdo ), refers to a geographical area situated in southeastern Albania. This region is made of two areas Presa e Vogel is one and Golloborda is the other area. The region Prespa e Vogel… … Wikipedia
Великая Македония — Карта Великой Македонии, изданная в Санкт Петербурге в 1913 году … Википедия