- Napoleon Dynamite (TV series)
Genre Animated sitcom Created by Jared Hess
Developed by Jared Hess
Voices of Jon Heder
Country of origin United States Language(s) English No. of seasons 1 No. of episodes 13 Production Executive producer(s) Jerusha Hess
Producer(s) Mike Scully Running time 30 minutes Production company(s) Film Roman
3 Arts Entertainment
20th Century Fox Television (USA)
CBS Productions (non-USA)
Distributor 20th Television (USA)
CBS Studios International (non-USA)
Broadcast Original channel Fox Original airing January 2012 Chronology Related shows Napoleon Dynamite (film) External links Website
Napoleon Dynamite is an upcoming American animated television sitcom based on the 2004 cult film of the same name, to be broadcast on Fox. The show will be overseen by the film's director Jared Hess, his wife Jerusha, and veteran television writer/producer Mike Scully (The Simpsons, Everybody Loves Raymond). Fox placed an order of six episodes in October 2010, which was expanded to thirteen in July 2011. It is currently planned as a midseason replacement to air on Sundays at 8:30 pm in January 2012.
The series is based on the 2004 film Napoleon Dynamite. It follows the adventures of Napoleon Dynamite, and his family and friends, as they navigate small-town life in rural Idaho. The original cast from the film, Jon Heder, Aaron Ruell, Efren Ramirez, Tina Majorino, Sandy Martin, Jon Gries and Diedrich Bader, will voice their characters in the series, in addition to the series introducing several new characters.
Napoleon Dynamite is a 16-year-old boy convinced that he is blessed with unlimited "sweet skills." His hobbies include practicing his ninja moves, dancing, drawing, and bragging about his "girlfriend in Oklahoma." Napoleon's brother, Kip, is an unemployed 32-year-old who lives at home, and continually attempts to meet girls online. The two live with their grandmother, who is often found four-wheeling with her friends at the local sand dunes. Napoleon's friends include Pedro, who has recently been elected class president, and Deb, a girl who sees the good in Napoleon and dreams of someday becoming his girlfriend. Napoleon's uncle, Rico, lives in an orange van, where he obsesses over his failed high school football career and dreams up ways to become rich and famous.
The entire original cast will return to reprise their roles.
- Jon Heder as Napoleon Dynamite, an awkward teenager who enjoys mundane diversions such as drawing, playing tetherball and hip-hop dancing. He regularly boasts about his “skills” with weapons such as nunchucks (which he calls "numchucks") and bostaffs, knowing all the "illegal ninja moves from the government," and his summer "in Alaska hunting wolverines" He sometimes calls people "fricking idiots".
- Aaron Ruell as Kip Dynamite, Napoleon's wimpy 32-year-old brother who usually spends his time on the computer.
- Efren Ramirez as Pedro Sánchez, a new student to Preston High, originally from Juárez, Mexico. He tends to be a very shy and quiet person and has little dialogue. He becomes Napoleon's closest best friend.
- Tina Majorino as Deb, a door-to-door vendor selling "Glamour Shots by Deb" and homemade boondoggle key chains and may have a crush on Napoleon.
- Sandy Martin as Grandma Dynamite, Napoleon and Kip's grandmother
- Jon Gries as Uncle Rico, Napoleon and Kip's uncle, who lives in a field in his camper van. He played football in high school ("back in '82"), and desires to live in the past and usually just throws footballs in the field where he keeps his van
- Diedrich Bader as Rex, a local martial arts instructor and founder of the "Rex Kwon Do" center
- Haylie Duff as Summer Wheatley, the popular girl at Napoleon's school
Main cast members Jon Heder Aaron Ruell Efren Ramirez Tina Majorino Sandy Martin Jon Gries Diedrich Bader Haylie Duff Napoleon Dynamite Kip Dynamite Pedro Sánchez Deb Grandma Dynamite Uncle Rico Rex Summer Wheatley
Future episodes without scheduled airdate
The following are episodes that have not currently been scheduled.
Prod code. Title 1AST03 "Scantronica Love" 1AST05 "Pedro vs. Deb" TBA "FFA" TBA "Ligertown" TBA "Rack-U-Tane" TBA "Thundercone"
Country Network Premiere date Canada Global Mid-season United Kingdom E4 TBA
- ^ Bill Gorman. "Fox Announces Animated Comedies ‘Napoleon Dynamite’ & ‘Allen Gregory’ For Next Season". TV by the Numbers. http://tvbythenumbers.zap2it.com/2010/10/17/fox-announces-animated-comedies-napoleon-dynamite-allen-gregory-for-next-season/68343.
- ^ Jeffery, Morgan (July 12, 2011). "Fox orders more 'Napoleon Dynamite','Allen Gregory'". http://www.digitalspy.com/tv/news/a329454/fox-orders-more-napoleon-dynamite-allen-gregory.html. Retrieved July 12, 2011.
- ^ a b c "Napoleon Dynamite - New Series". 20th Century Fox. http://fox.com/napoleon-dynamite. Retrieved 2011-07-08.
- ^ Nellie Andreeva. "Fox Orders 'Napoleon Dynamite' Toon Series". Deadline. http://www.deadline.com/2010/10/fox-orders-2-new-animated-comedy-series.
- ^ Reg. # PAu003560965 at U.S. Copyright Records database.
- ^ Reg. # PAu003560905 at U.S. Copyright Records database.
- ^ Reg. # PAu003545326 at U.S. Copyright Records database.
- ^ Reg. # PAu003545329 at U.S. Copyright Records database.
- ^ Reg. # PAu003474809 at U.S. Copyright Records database.
- ^ Reg. # PAu003547782 at U.S. Copyright Records database.
- ^ "GLOBAL TELEVISION UNVEILS 2011/12 PRIMETIME LINEUP". Canada Newswire. 2011-05-31. http://www.newswire.ca/en/story/732395/global-television-unveils-2011-12-primetime-lineup. Retrieved 2011-10-15.
- ^ "Channel 4 acquires Homeland and New Girl in Twentieth Century Fox deal". Channel 4. July 18, 2011. http://www.channel4.com/info/press/news/channel-4-acquires-homeland-and-new-girl-in-twentieth-century-fox-deal. Retrieved August 20, 2011.
- Official website on Fox.com
Fox animation ShowsCurrentFormerFutureNapoleon Dynamite (2012) Lists of characters Production Related articles Fox Network programming (current & upcoming) CurrentAllen Gregory (since 2011) · American Dad! (since 2005) · American Idol (since 2002) · Bob's Burgers (since 2011) · Bones (since 2005) · Breaking In (since 2011) · Buried Treasure (since 2011) · The Cleveland Show (since 2009) · COPS (since 1989) · Family Guy (since 1999–2002; 2005) · Fox News Sunday (since 1996) · Fox College Football (since 1999) · Fringe (since 2008) · Glee (since 2009) · Hell's Kitchen (since 2005) · House (since 2004) · Kitchen Nightmares (since 2007) · Major League Baseball on Fox (since 1996) · MasterChef (since 2010) · Mobbed (since 2011) · NASCAR on Fox (since 2001) · New Girl (since 2011) · NFL on Fox/Fox NFL Sunday (since 1994) · Raising Hope (since 2010) · The Simpsons (since 1989) · So You Think You Can Dance (since 2005) · Terra Nova (since 2011) · The X Factor (since 2011) UpcomingAlcatraz (Midseason) · I Hate My Teenage Daughter (November 30, 2011) · The Finder (2012) · Napoleon Dynamite (Midseason) · Touch (2012) Prime time animated television series in the United States ABCThe Bugs Bunny Show (1960–1962) • Capitol Critters (1992) • Clerks: The Animated Series (2000) • The Critic (1994) • The Flintstones (1960–1966) • The Goode Family (2009) • The Jetsons (1962–1963) • Jonny Quest (1964–1965) • Matty's Funday Funnies (1959-1961) • Matty's Funnies with Beany and Cecil (1962) • Peanuts television specials (1965-present) • Top Cat (1961–1962) CBSThe Alvin Show (1961-1962) • CBS Cartoon Theater (1956) • Creature Comforts (2007) • Family Dog (1993) • Fish Police (1992) • Garfield television specials (1982-1991) • The Gerald McBoing-Boing Show (1956-1957) • This Is America, Charlie Brown (1988–1990) • Wacky Races (1967-1970) • Where's Huddles? (1970) FoxAllen Gregory (2011-present) • American Dad! (2005–present) • Batman: The Animated Series (1992-1993) • Bob's Burgers (2011-present) • The Cleveland Show (2009–present) • The Critic (1995) • Family Guy (1999–2002; 2005–present) • Futurama (1999-2003) • King of the Hill (1997–2009) • Napoleon Dynamite (2012-) • The PJs (1999–2000) • The Simpsons (1989–present) • Sit Down, Shut Up (2009) NBC UPN WB First-run syndication
Wikimedia Foundation. 2010.
Look at other dictionaries:
Napoleon Dynamite (série télévisée) — Napoleon Dynamite Genre sitcom, animation Production Jerusha Hess Dave Jeser Matt Silverstein Robert Abrams Paul Alexander Carrie Woodman Acteurs principaux Jon Heder Aaron Ruell Efren Ramirez Tina Majorino Sandy Martin Jon Gries Die … Wikipédia en Français
Napoleon Dynamite — For the upcoming television series based on the film, see Napoleon Dynamite (TV series). Napoleon Dynamite Theatrical release poster Directed by … Wikipedia
Napoleon in popular culture — Napoleon Bonaparte, Emperor of the French, has become a worldwide cultural icon symbolizing strength, genius, and military and political power. Since his death, countless towns, streets, ships, and even cartoon characters have been named after… … Wikipedia
Napoleon (disambiguation) — Contents 1 People 1.1 Bonaparte family 1.2 Other people 2 … Wikipedia
Séries télévisées américaines diffusées durant la saison 2011–2012 — Cet article liste les séries télévisées diffusées en prime time sur les cinq principaux réseaux de télévision aux États Unis durant la saison 2011–2012. Sommaire 1 Programmation 1.1 Dimanche 1.2 Lundi 1.3 … Wikipédia en Français
Napoleon Hill — Portrait of a young Napoleon Hill Born October 26, 1883(1883 10 26) Pound, Virginia Died November 8, 1970 … Wikipedia
Cultural depictions of Napoleon — Napoleon is often represented in his green colonel uniform of the Chasseur à Cheval, with a large bicorne and a hand in waistcoat gesture. Statue in Les Invalides … Wikipedia
New Girl (TV series) — New Girl Intertitle Genre Sitcom Created by Elizabeth Meriwether Starring … Wikipedia
Sit Down, Shut Up (U.S. TV series) — For Australian version, see Sit Down, Shut Up (Australian TV series). Sit Down, Shut Up Genre Comedy Blue humor Format 2D com … Wikipedia
Glee (TV series) — Glee Glee title card … Wikipedia